I never see enough merbabies~ this picture makes me happy.
This isn’t just a photo - this movie and its sequel are tumblr GOLD.
First movie, Miranda, 1948 (full movie on youtube)
- A guy goes fishing and finds a mermaid named Miranda.
- She takes him prisoner and forces him to show her around London.
- She does not gain legs and uses a wheelchair on land.
- The guy’s wife makes him hire Miranda a nurse.
- The nurse is wacky and loves Miranda
- Miranda ~accidentally~ seduces the guy, and a bunch off other guys.
- The guy’s wife figures out that Miranda is a mermaid and wants to tell people.
- Miranda escapes back to the ocean (and has a baby)
Second movie, Mad About Me, 1954 (not available online, that I could find)
- Miranda meets her identical, human cousin Caroline
- They trade places
- Miranda doesn’t like Caroline’s fiance
- She tries to break up the engagement and hook her up with 2 other guys
- One of the guy’s fiances figures out that Miranda is a mermaid and wants to expose her
- Caroline quickly returns to protect Miranda
- Caroline ends up with the nicest of the guys
AND if you don’t recognize her Miranda is played by Glynis Johns (Mrs Banks from Mary Poppins).
Fun fact: Instead of saying “The End,” the closing credits said “Fin”.
the only birth control you’ll ever need
Beautiful color photographs of streets of New York City from the 1940s and 1960s. See more here…
Sleeping Beauty’s Castle, 1956. From The Golden Magazine.
Left is the new Wonder Woman. Being deemed still too skinny and frail.
Right is Kacy Catanzaro, the first female to advance to the finals of American Ninja. Considered strong and inspiring to female athletes.
Stop assuming someone is weak based off your closed minded ignorant ideals.
I hadn’t really considered this. Interesting point!